This fragrant bread is a lovely addition to a tea party, with sweet cinnamon and plump raisins dotted throughout. This bread is exceptionally good toasted and slathered with Raspberry Chia Jam.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ cups warm water, about 105°F
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1¼ cups buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups raisins
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast with the sugar and water; proof until foamy, for about 5 minutes. Add the coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, cinnamon, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and stir just until blended. Fold in the raisins.
- Pat the dough evenly into the greased loaf pan. Lightly cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest in a warm place for 1 hour. Sprinkle the top of the bread with the turbinado sugar. Bake the bread for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pan. Let cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife. Store covered in airtight container for up to 2 days.