Rum Balls are a great season favourite - a truffle like dessert with a hint of rum and the best part no cooking is required! Only Prep.
- 125g Coconut oil or Copha
- 1½ cups cake crumbs
- 125g dark chocolate (chocolate or plain)
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g Coconut Oil
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Shredded coconut
- Ground praline
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in a mixing bowl (if using microwave 1.5 minutes), stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Add and mix the almonds, rum and the cake crumbs to the mixture and allow to cool
- Split and shape the mixture into 15 walnut sized balls and place the rum balls onto a defrosting tray lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge and refrigerate until firm.
- Mix the coconut oil and the chocolate that you set aside for the coating
- You can use a toothpick to stick into the centre of each rum ball and subsequently dip in the mixture
- Roll the Rum Ball in the selected topping
- Repeat with the remaining Rum Balls
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + 40 minutes Setting Time
Variation Idea: You can try to use different types of chocolate i.e. white as well as a mixture of toppings.